Monday, November 17, 2014

The Sky Realm: Production Stage.

Hello dear reader! How have you guys been? Are you as excited about the release of my debut novel as I am?





You know what I recently learned the other day about publishing? I learned that one should refrain from announcing themselves as a debut author. Why? Because it makes the agents and the publishing company reluctant to take you and your work seriously.

Simply put: They won't give you shot because you're not a sure thing.

Can you believe that?

I don't know about you, but I was infuriated. Wait, let me say that again, INFURIATED.

That's better, now I can go back to ranting.

When the idea was first suggested to me by fellow authors (that's right I know authors now, which I can say things like 'fellow' and 'author' and sometimes 'fellow author') and publishers I outright refused.

Was I being egotistical? Was I being arrogant? No, of course not. For me, this is a matter or faith and belief.

The truth is that I am excited to be a debut author. I am excited that "The Sky Realm" will be my first published novel. It is my biggest personal accomplishment thus far. How can I simply leave my debut novel on the back burner and let it simmer.

J.K. Rowling had a debut novel, Veronica Roth had a debut novel, Rainbow Rowell had a debut novel and so will Sheeza Iqbal.

I bet you that if a publisher magically knew that J.K.Rowling was going to be huge, her debut novel would be HUGE. I mean, launch party with a million celebrities huge and everyone would be riding around in go-karts!

And every news channel, every tweet, every instagram photo and every newspaper would be raving about her and her debut novel. Stories about her being a single mom on welfare would be used to define her passion, her struggle and her utmost faith in the words that she used to form her book.

Am I right?

The point here, dear reader, is that it is easy to rave about someone, to have faith someone, and to sympathize with someone based on their success.

It is however, equally difficult to do so when they are down in the dumps. How do these fellow authors and publishers know that I won't be a success if I'm not given a fair chance?

And that, dear reader, is what I'm fighting for. That is what I want to prove wrong.

It is not fair for us to say who can and who cannot be successful. I feel like we should support dreams and help whoever we can however we can to help them make their dream a reality.

What's the thing that's keeping you from helping others? As yourself that question and take the step forward.

And you can start by supporting me. I am here to ask you to help me get "The Sky Realm" out to the public. We're now putting the finishing touches on the book cover and my baby will soon be ready to go. I want every book store, every internet reading site and every person to know about it and to own a copy.

Here is where I need your help, dear reader, I need you to pledge and help me reach my goal of $5000 so that I can get the FIRST INSTALLMENT of the book out. A lot of you have helped me with my goal and I'm excited to say that I've raised $1700!!

You money would help me create a marketing strategy, get my book out there, and help with the production and printing costs.

I still have a long way to go and  I need your help in supporting me! So, what d'you say, dear reader, are you ready to make history with me?


Check out the link and pledge any amount that you can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1646862381/the-sky-realm


until next time,

smiles up and doubt down.

isheeza

1 comment:

  1. Heyyyy!!! Soooo not like you'll have a problem with this but just wanted to let you know I'll be posting the link to your book pledge on my blog and I'll be pledging myself this week too!! May the odds be ever in your favour ;)

    ReplyDelete