Monday, August 18, 2014

The Conflict at Heart



Hello, dear reader. Tonight's post is a little different and unconventional from your blogger. It circles around one of the biggest issues of today.

Palestine and Israel.

I have been getting a lot of requests to say something about the battle between Palestine and Israel and I've always skated around the issue, trying to stay away from it. Why?

Because people blame and point fingers a little too quickly. So I was a little, okay no; I was pretty hesitant.

And also because conflicts are never one person's fault. There's always blame to share and there is always fingers to point. It's so hard being at fault.

It really is.

I cannot judge a whole nation based on one person and, honestly speaking, I haven't done the in-depth research that will allow me to make a correct decision - if correct is the right word

But whatever is happening to the people in Gaza, and the images, videos and messages that show up on my social media feed is heart-wrenching and painful to watch.

No human should have to go through this pain.

 And so the following is a tribute to the hearts that are hurting, the voices that have been suppressed, the supporters around the world, and most importantly, it's a tribute to the strong hearts out there, those who face turmoil everyday and still find the strength to continue believing.

This poem was a present given to me by an individual (@sunndips), who understands the power of a clean heart.

As you read this poem I want you to imagine a world without humanity and to reflect and realize that this is what we are leading our future generation towards. This is what we are teaching them - may it be unwillingly.

***
After so many counts of being torn apart
I wonder if this beating is still my heart.
There must be a muffled ache inside
For I have realized, I'm quite yet alive.

All my fears are now suppressed.
Here's an emotion I had yet to express.
This blind rage must not permit a fool.
My heart has indeed become an unstoppable tool.

This hatred I've been taught so well.
This pain I've been blessed with...
This stain - you can't wash it away.
There is no forgiving - even if I may.

You must be blinded
You must be so lost
If you think that I’m your prized gold,
Instead, realize that I am now beyond your mighty hold.

Lying on this serene bed
I assure you, there is a beating in this heart.
It is you who has lost all feeling.
It is you who has a wicked soul.

You must be suffocating
You have no way out.
Indeed you are the wrongdoers
For you have wronged our innocent souls.

So fear a trial, written under your name
For we shall rise again.
I now wait, to finally close my eyes, one last time
For you will see that we will, indeed, rise once again.

#FreePalestine
#FreePalestine
#FreePalestine

It's time to gain back the humanity that has left our hearts, dear reader, because if we keep walking on the current path, our hearts will blacken and eventually die. 

And that is a world I would not want to exist in. 

isheeza

No comments:

Post a Comment