Monday, April 21, 2014

The Blockness Monster! DUN DUN DUN!



Doesn't this picture just make your day? Don't you want to be this self assured potato strutting down the street, dear reader?

I sure do, some of my students even added a hat and a walking stick to this fabulous vegetable and redefined the word dapper.

I would marry this potato if I wasn't already married to the love of my life.

This self assured vegetable is in a state of content and confidence despite the haters who constantly surround him. He understands that no matter who you are or what you become in life, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

These individuals who have their theories and ideas and opinions are who I call, "THE BLOCKNESS MONSTERS!"

They specialize in creating hurdles and challenges in your life that are near impossible to overcome and build up high, towering walls that you can't possibly climb.

They stick out their legs so you'll trip over them on your way and then point and laugh at you as you dust yourself off and try to stand up.

The Blockness Monsters have the ability to take any shape they desire: bullies, society, social media, culture, practicality and sometimes just life.

By now you should all be nodding your head and saying, "You're so right, Sheeza!"

I have met the Blockness Monster myself multiple times and this creature comes to me in different forms and shapes, but what do I do? How do I deal with this problem? Do I cry and hate life? Do I go to my "kill yourself because you have nothing to live for" playlist? Do I call up my friends and rant about how unfair life is?

Yes, yes I do.

But, after I am done all of that I close my eyes, take a deep breath and hold my head high.

I work hard and I pray harder to climb over this impossibly tall wall. And it happens.

How does that happen, dear reader? Does the problem decide to go away? Is the Blockness Monster scared of me? Do I suddenly have swag?!

What happens, dear reader, is that I change my attitude.

If the Blockness Monster is standing in front of something that I truly desire, I will fight for it.

I change.

I work harder, I do instead of plan (which is the biggest monster of them all), and I let my accomplishments speak for me instead of going to everyone and getting them to believe that I am worthy.

What I am trying to say, dear reader, is that "yesterday I was clever and I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."

The author of this brilliant statement is the famous poet, Rumi and I understand what he's trying to say.

The potato understands what he's trying to say.

Do you understand, dear reader?

iSheeza

No comments:

Post a Comment