Friday, May 16, 2014

Nothing EVER goes according to plan!



Hello, dear reader.

Today is the day when I promised my 60k and the end of my novel to all of you!

Although I have reached 60K (yays!) I am still not done my novel. Why? Because nothing ever goes according to plan.

Now, I am very aware of the fact that sometimes in life, you can plan and plan and plan but if things don't want to work out, they won't! No matter what you do.

I kinda went in with this mindset for my wedding preparations. I didn't obsess over the center pieces, I didn't cry if the detailing of the background curtains weren't what I picked and I didn't mind when my background music wasn't loud enough to announce my grand entrance as a bride.

Because I knew that things don't always go according to plan.

So what changed this time, isheeza?

I have a confession to make: is it weird that getting married wasn't the fairy tale I've always dreamed of but becoming a published author is? This is the dream that I obsess over. Where I hover over the details tirelessly, night after night, until I am satisfied with them. This is the dream where I can be a meanie and a monster if things don't happen the way I want them to happen (I'm talking about the events in my book. Like me being upset with my characters, nuff said, right?) and this is where I plan how every event related to the actualization of this dream will happen (Inshallah!).

So you can imagine my disbelief and terror when I reached my 60K and my character still had a little bit more to say.

I am in tears at the moment, dear reader, ranting about what a catastrophe this situation is to my cat.

But the words are still coming and there is nothing I can do to stop them.

So, what happens now?

I continue to write and hope that my characters decide that they've had enough for one book.

I would love a good night's sleep where I don't have to worry about my characters and their problems.

Yes, I do realize I sound a bit more than crazy right about now, but this is what the voices in your head do to you, dear reader, so be careful who you let in there.

I've always like the quiet ones, who lurk in the back and don't want to socialize with anyone ;)

Until Monday, isheezers!

Have yourself a fabulous long weekend!

isheeza

2 comments:

  1. Youre a good writer :) Continue writing! I hope your characters find their way!! I know they will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words, Zehra! Means a lot!

    ReplyDelete