Monday, May 5, 2014

Stolen Goods




So, someone stole my iPhone today. It was a 2 minute process.

I put my phone on the table, walked away, remembered I left my phone, came back and it was gone.

Despite my countless efforts of tracking, searching, asking I was unable to retrieve it, dear reader.

Tear.

The thing is, dear reader, I understand the value of the things that I have (thankfully) and so I really take good care of my belongings. I had never lost anything this expensive, ever, in my life and this was a real blow.

The fact that I lost such an expensive valuable was a depressing thought, but what really disturbed me was the fact that someone was so comfortable with taking something that did not belong to them.

Now, I understand how silly I sound. In the world where the news is all about murders, kidnapping, stabbing, assaults and countless horrific crimes surely a phone being stolen is no big deal, right?

That is exactly what tore me inside. The fact that it is normal to take an action without considering the effects of that action on the other person, the consequences, none of it matters.

And that, dear reader, sucks!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you're about to do something, don't think about yourself and how you much you want to participate in that action, but on the impact that your action will have on the individual in question.

As for me, I'm off to wallow away in depression and sadness, making a voodoo doll of my approximate offender.

iSheeza

No comments:

Post a Comment