Friday, May 9, 2014

The Finish Line!



Er. Ma. God. Dear Reader. Er. Ma. God.

I feel like I am starting to enjoy short forms for two reasons: One, they make everything sound SO much more dramatic than its  meant to be and two, my brain is FRIED.

In University when I was asked to write a 10 page essay I almost fainted and labeled such an action as, "IMPOSSIBLE!"

But now, here I am writing more than 10 pages willingly.

I really hope Professor Horton isn't reading this blog, otherwise I'm going to be hearing a lot more than a who.

So, anyways, dear reader, as I was saying. Er. Ma. God!

I have officially reached 50,089 words. Me. The girl who thought 5000 words on a topic was a death sentence!

I am so brain dead and exhausted that I've resorted to short forms when I communicate with anyone who is not a character in my book. Just the other day I said to my mother, "Mom, what's the haps? Want me to help you get on the din-din?"

Needless to say my mother was short of smacking me with her always handy rolling pin.

I'm going INSANE, dear reader. I've reduced my sleeping hours from a healthy 15 to an unbearable 14. It's a really hard adjustment, but I feel like I can't sleep unless I write down the scene formulating inside my head.

Writing, writing, writing. That is all that I am doing.

My husband has seemed to notice this as well and was concerned for my mental well being and I all but jumped out of the window with enthusiasm. Do you want to know why, dear reader?

Because in the business of creativity, crazy and brilliant are two sides of the same coin.

In other words I will be accepting my Nobel Peace Prize for Literature next year! Boo ya!

I'm almost there, dear reader, I'm writing my climax and then the ending and the goal is that by next Friday my blog post is going to say, "Mission Accomplished!"

You want to know why?

Because I'll be done, that's why! The goal for this novella is 60, 000 words, dear reader, and after I have reached and passed that mark by next week, I will be proud to say that the first draft of The Sky Realm is now finished!

I'm excited, dear reader, are you?

P.S: My agent told me to say that the title of my book is copyrighted! Because it totally is!
And by my agent I mean Google =) Yay!

iSheeza

No comments:

Post a Comment